The family of ISTE Standards works in concert to support students, educators and leaders with clear guidelines for the skills, knowledge and approaches they need to succeed in the digital age. So with this there are what’s called The ISTE Standards·T. It is used to define the new skills and pedagogical insights educators need to teach, work and learn in the digital age.
The best way to describe this is to summarize each standard:
1. Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity. With this standard teachers will use their knowledge, teaching techniques, and current technology to help engage and encourage student learning.
2. Design and develop digital age learning experiences and assessments. With this we are to use digital tools and technology to maximize learning, knowledge, skills and attitudes.
3. Model digital age work and learning. Teachers are to use and exhibit knowledge, skills and work processes to communicate and to collaborate.
4. Promote and model digital citizenship and responsibility. We are to as teachers understand local and global societal issues and responsibilities in a ever changing digital world. On top teachers are to exhibit legal and ethical behavior in their professional practices.
5. Engage in professional growth and leadership.
We as teachers are to continually grow and improve our professional practice, model lifelong learning, and demonstrate leadership in schools and the professional community by promoting and demonstrating the effective use of digital tools and resources. For all the standards I would rate myself at or around 6-8 out of 10.
To end this post how would you as readers order these standards from highest priority to lowest priority?